Christmas At Thistle Poole
At Thistle Poole we certainly know how to host the best Christmas celebrations. From party nights, gala dinners, traditional Christmas lunches or New Year’s Eve parties – whichever you choose, we’ll make it the most memorable Christmas for you.
So if you’ve been nominated to organise your work’s Christmas-do, family get-together or your friends are looking to you to organise a treat, then look no further!
Behind the scenes, our friendly staff are experienced at organising events that are seamlessly smooth, beautifully presented and charged with a joyful atmosphere. And at every good party there’s got to be great food! At Thistle the food always matches the occasion and our chefs are passionate about serving consistently delicious, fresh food from a mouth-watering range of menus.
At Thistle Poole, an eventful and enjoyable Christmas and a very happy New Year is waiting for everyone!
See in the New Year Thistle-style. Start the evening with fizz and canapés, followed by a fabulous six-course menu. Then dance into 2016, with hits and party favourites spun by our resident DJ.
- Cream of celeriac and parsnip soup with goats cheese croûte and crispy leeks (v)
- Duet of smoked salmon and gravadlax salmon with micro herb salad, capers and beetroot salsa and a black pepper and lemon dressing.
- Smoked duck breast with petit waldorf salad, red chicory, frisée endive and a red wine and raspberry vinaigrette.
- Avocado, mozzarella and tomato stack with parmesan sablees biscuits, aubergine and sesame salsa and a basil oil
- Bucks fizz sorbet, whisky and orange compote and a tuille biscuit (v).
- Braised lamb shank with minted mashed potato, roast root vegetables and a red currant and port sauce.
- Pan-roasted pork fillet wrapped in parma ham and sage with dauphinoise potatoes, celeriac puree and a calvados sauce.
- Wild mushroom stuffed corn-fed chicken breast with chicken and tarragon sausage and savoy cabbage.
- Grilled fillet of halibut with colcannon potatoes,sauté spinach and bloody mary sauce
- Flat mushroom, artichoke and asparagus risotto with butternut puree, herb beignet and a basil and shallot dressing (v).
All served with panache of steamed vegetables*
- Drambuie cream, poppy seed and orange shortbread biscuits with orange and malt whisky compote.
- Traditional highland syllabub with cinnamon tuille biscuit and gooseberry marmalade.
- Dark chocolate torte with black cherries in dark rum syrup and nutmeg ice cream in a wafer basket.
- Citrus lemon and lime tart with grilled mango salsa and coffee mascarpone
Tea, coffee, mini mince pies and truffles
- Assorted cheeses, grapes, celery, chutney and biscuits.
Dates and Prices
£74.95 per person
£37.50 per child, 12 years and under
Your party started
- Bubbly and canapés on arrival from 7.00pm
- Dinner served from 7.30pm
- DJ and bar until 1.00am
- Crackers and novelties included
- Stay over for £234.00 inclusive of bed,
- breakfast and New Years Eve Dinner,
- based on double occupancy
- Free parking during the event
- Menu selections required 14 days prior
Tel: 0871 376 9032
Int Tel: +44 845 305 8331
DirectionsFrom M27 junction 1, follow the A31 to Wimborne Minster, then take the A349 into Poole town centre and follow signs to the Port (A350). Thistle Poole is on the seafront. If you’re travelling to Thistle Poole by car, car parking is available for 120 cars at a charge of £5.00 per night. Please note that Parking Eye is used in the carpark, so please ensure that you register your car details at reception on arrival. For those not staying in the hotel, please use the pay and display machines located in the carpark, or follow the instructions on signs in the carpark to pay by card. To programme your sat-nav, please use the postcode BH15 1HD